Sunday, November 30, 2008

For my act of resistance, I made sure not to wear a coat on my weekend. By doing this I hope to show myself and others how noticeable people who lack clothing, which we find essential, are. With my idea in mind I made sure to attend different activities, and at these events, I also made sure there were many people present.
Personally, I felt that my appearance would make others look, and think "what a crazy fellow" I also had a feeling that I would be asked about the absents of clothing, as it was "very cold out"
In many instances I was asked by complete strangers wasn't I cold? My reply was yes, then would precede to explain my reasons.
If I were to do it again I think I would let people know that they could ask me about my dressing and not feel rude.
Did my act help the the lack of clothes in needy people? No, I did nothing myself to increase the number of clothes people own. However, I think that my act did help. I can imagine people wondering: why is he doing that? and when they found the reason I'm sure that it gave them thought, and maybe told someone which raised awarness, and thought about the issue. How could I know? A person who saw me walking in the cold weather may just have dontated to a local shelter or other organizations for the needy.

No comments: